Paweł Wawrzyniak, the Turing's Man
A skilled team leader with experience in heterogeneous IT environments, 24/7 operations, complex systems designs, deployments, maintenance and integration, including data center infrastructure monitoring together with wide programming and administration abilities. Experienced in international business environments, public presentations and writing - both business (analysis, presentations) and technical (designs, manuals).
II. Professional experience:
Head of Data Centre Services Team
Nordea IT Polska Sp. z o.o.
since 2014-01 ...
Head of Data Centre Services Team
Nordea Bank Polska S. A.
since 2010-11 up to 2013-12
Founder, Editor-in-chief, Consultant
since 2009-08 up to 2011-03
Creation and development of community portal related to data centers management and maintenance issues. Performing interviews, writing articles, gathering newses, watching market trends, edition of the materials etc.
DCSerwis.pl is one and only portal for data centers' critical infrastructure management and maintenance specialists in Poland. The scope of presented subjects:
- physical structure
- structural cabling
- monitoring and management
- physical security and fire prevention
- standards, procedures and norms
Infrastructure Monitoring Systems Specialist
Nordea Bank Polska S. A.
since 2008-08 to 2010-11
Software Engineer -> Senior Software Engineer
Prokom Software S.A.
since 2004-10 to 2008-07
since 2004-09 to 2004-10
Deputy Editor In-Chief, Technical Author, Consultant
IT Security Consulting Services
since 2003-03 to 2005-01
Software Wydawnictwo Sp. z o.o.
since 2001-11 to 2003-01
Biuro Informatyki Ubezpieczeniowej
since 2000-10 to 2001-01
University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Economics
International Business (studied 100% in English)
since 2007-10 to 2008-06
Diploma: PGC in International Business
Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics (ETI)
since 2006-10 to 2007-06
Diploma: PGC in Software Engineering
University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Languages
Linguistics, Literature and History
since 1996-10 to 2001-06
Diploma: Master of Arts with honors. Thesis on theory of communication and modern media: "Stereotypes in interpersonal communication"
PSSI Combidata, ICT College
since 1998-09 - 2000-06
Diploma: Computer Science Technician (with honors)
IV. Additional information:
Courses, trainings and certificates:
- Oracle 9i: Application development in J2EE technology, Combidata, 2005
- Oracle 9i Database: SQL Performance Tuning, Combidata, 2005
- Oracle 9i Database: Administration, Combidata, 2005
- Oracle: SOA Bootcamp, Oracle Poland, 2007
- Oracle: ADF Workshop, Oracle Poland, 2007
- Oracle 10g Database: New Features for Administrators, Combidata, 2007
- Oracle 10g Database: Security, Combidata, 2008
- IBM: AU07 - AIX5L System Administration I: TCP/IP Configuring, IBM, 2007
- IBM: AU16 - AIX5L System Administration II: Problem Determination, IBM, 2007
- IBM: AU18 - AIX5L System Administration III: Performance Management, IBM, 2007
- Microsoft: MS 2279 - Planning, Implementing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, Combidata, 2007
- Microsoft: MS 2780 – Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database, Combidata, Sopot 2009
- Microsoft: MS 50420 - Sharepoint 2007 Site Collection Owner/Team Site Administrator, Altkom, Gdynia 2011
- Microsoft: M10775 - Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, Combidata, Gdynia 2013
IT Infrastructure Management and Operations:
- Association of Polish Electrical Engineers SEP, class "E" certificate (certified for safe maintenance of electrical devices up to 1 kV of voltage and power generators more powerful than 50 kW), 2009 - certified
- HP Optimized Data Center Simulation, Hewlett-Packard, 2010
- Monitoring Systems: Nagios, Munin, MRTG, SNMP protocol and others, Linux Academy, 2010
- ITIL v3 Foundation, CTPartners / Conlea / Peoplecert Group, 2011 - certified
- Certified IT Manager (CITM), Hewlett-Packard / EPI / Exin, 2011 - certified
- Certified Data Centre Professional (CDCP), Hewlett-Packard / EPI / Exin, 2012 - certified
- SCS Win 4.0 Pro Software Administrator, EP&M, 2013
- Certified Data Centre Specialist (CDCS), Hewlett-Packard / EPI / Exin, 2015 - certified
- Project Management Basics, GFKM, 2010
- Time and Stress Management, GKFM, 2010
- Leading People in Nordea, Nordea Bank Polska S.A, 2011
- Effective Motivation, GKFM, 2012
- Techniques of breaking computer systems' security - workshops, Software-Konferencje, 2002
- Creation of Protection Plans for Areas, Objects and Devices Being Subjected to Obligatory Protection in Form of Direct Physical and Technical Security, Target Training, 2014
- Open Source Intelligence as a Method of Detective Work, Niemczyk i Wspólnicy, 2014
- Information Security Risk Management According to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and PN ISO 31000:2012, Centrum Doskonalenia Meritum, 2015
- ISO/IEC 27001 - Basic Requrements and Rules of Information Security Management System, iQuelle / Systemy Zarządzania, 2015
- Registered Qualified Technical Protection Worker, Reg. No.: PZT-18748, Police Commander in Gdańsk, 2015 - certified
- University of Cambridge, FCE, 2003 - certified
- LCCI EFB level III, London Chamber of Commerce & Industry English for Business level III, 2009 - 2010
- AIA for Developers – workshops for GraphTalk/A.I.A developers, CSC, 2005
- Driving license, cat. B
Conferences and events:
- NetVision 4, (In)Security of the Network, organized at Gdansk University of Technology, 2003 - network security related presentation
- Data Banks as a new market of system services / Banki Danych jako nowy rynek usług systemowych. Organized by: Gdański Park Naukowo-Technologiczny (GPNT) with the support from Pomorskie Centrum Przetwarzania Danych (PCPD) and Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), 2010. Presentation title: "Simple methods of achieving operational costs reduction in Data Banks. Practical Examples"
- Datacenter Dynamics "Converged" Warsaw 2012, Presentation title: "Data center ‘under control’: Data center infrastructure and physical infrastructure management, tools and processes facilitating the data center monitoring function"
- Datacenter Dynamics "Converged" Warsaw 2013, Presentation title: "Nordea's experience on construction, maintenance and management of data centre facilities"
- IT Future Awards 2014, Warsaw - as a member of jury for IT Future Awards - IT Leaders 2014 contest
- Data Center of the New Generation / Data Center Nowej Generacji, Warsaw 2015, Presentation title: "Data Center Services Management. From the investment to the operations"
- Infratech Summit. Physical Infrastructure for Server Rooms and Data Centers / Infratech Summit. Infrastruktura fizyczna dla serwerowni i centrów danych, Warsaw 2015, Presentation title: "The less obvious data centre operations continuity threats"
- Common English – written/spoken, fluent
- IT English (technical) – written/spoken, fluent
- Business English – written/spoken, fluent
- Polish – native
- Russian - basics
- Martial Arts (especially Japanese Karate)
- Saling (certified Yacht Skipper)
- Technical writing (press articles, books, tutorials etc.).